Careers: Resolution Specialist - L2 (Early Morning Shift)
The Resolution Specialist will join our existing Product Support team and provide best of breed technical support of N-able Technologies software products to our European Partners during their standard business hours, which are from Monday to Friday 4:00am until 12:30pm EST.
The Resolution Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting issues escalated by the first line support team, creating knowledge base articles and other documentation, providing training to first line staff and reporting issue resolution back to the Partner. The Resolution Specialist needs to be very thorough, organized, and be able to manage time effectively in our challenging environment. Network troubleshooting skills, systems administration experience, and the ability to work with Partners and prioritize time are must have skills.
The ideal candidate will be someone with Windows XP-2012 and Linux/Unix Systems Administration experience, strong networking knowledge, exceptional communication skills (written and oral), experience working in the IT outsourcing industry, strong drive & focus, excellent prioritization skills, attention to detail, very reliable and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Provide second line support to N-able Technologies partner base
- Manage escalation from first line support to third line support and tracking of support incidents
- Document case progress and resolutions
- Be able to prioritize support issues while maintaining high customer satisfaction
- Create documentation as required
- Periodic reporting of support activities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Strong Systems Administration skills with Linux/Unix, Windows 2003-2008 Servers, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 Editions
- Strong networking knowledge (subnets, firewall concepts, ports, switches, routing and TCP/IP)
- Experience with SNMP, WMI and PerfMon infrastructures
- Experience supporting Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions (Trend Micro, Symantec, Panda Software, Sophos, etc.)
- Experience supporting Remote Control solutions (Terminal Services, VNC, LogMeIn, etc.)
- Command line administration of Linux based servers
- Experience with SQL Databases
- Industry experience working as a system administrator in a production environment
- Major Industry Certification (MCSE, CCNA, CNE, RHSE…)
- Understanding of Java programming principles
N-able by SolarWinds® is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). N-able Technologies was acquired by SolarWinds®, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, in May 2013. N-able’s award-winning N-central® is the industry’s #1 RMM and MSP Service Automation Platform. N-able has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardize and automate the setup and delivery of IT services in order to achieve true scalability. N-central is backed by the most comprehensive business enablement support services available today and the industry’s only freemium licensing model. Thousands of MSPs use N-able solutions to deliver scalable, flexible, profitable managed services to over 88,000 SMBs worldwide. With offices in North America, the U.K., the Netherlands and Australia, N-able is 100% channel-friendly and maintains strategic alliances with a number of leading global IT companies, including Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco among others.