Careers: Technical Services Manager
N-able Technologies is expanding its Product Support Group and as a result is seeking an exceptionally talented Technical Services Manager. They will be responsible for managing a group of Technical Support Analysts and ensure that N-able partners are satisfied, and that their product support needs are fulfilled in a timely, efficient and first rate manner. The Technical Services Manager will oversee the service and support to partners on a variety of technical issues and ensure that technical and service issues are properly identified, researched, and resolved per the established service levels. The mandate will also include establishing and providing reports to show adherence to service level agreements, improving initiatives and quality goals, as well as recommending changes to products or services to fulfill partner needs.
- Applies mature technical and product knowledge and coaching skills to provide tactical leadership to a team of Technical Support Analysts towards resolving complex technical solutions.
- Participates in the technical work within the team by overseeing and advising others, or by contributing directly to the resolution of highly complex or sensitive issues.
- Works with employees to plan, assign, and monitor individual objectives, based on overall team objectives and priorities.
- Responsible for providing timely and useful feedback to team members on their performance and development plan.
- Defines requirements, plans, schedules resources effectively, monitors achievement, and removes barriers to the team’s success.
- Provides guidance and advice to team members relating to their approach and methodology in pursuing their assigned responsibilities.
- Manages the schedule of deliverables agreed to for the team overall.
- Responsible for effective communications with other groups to ensure technical specifications, problems and solutions are dealt with and communicated effectively.
- Decisions relating to the specification, design, manufacture, or performance of company products, are made within the general plans and parameters provided by the next level of management.
- Degree/diploma in computer technologies
- At least 5 years of experience in Customer Service/Support
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage Customer Support Representatives
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to train support analysts to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers
- Knowledge of information technology and company's products and services
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast paced support environment
- Knowledge of Product Management feedback processes
- Exemplify initiative and act cross-functionally to resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion
- Ability to foster excellent teamwork skills
N-able by SolarWinds® is the leading global provider of complete IT management and Automation solutions for Managed Service Providers (MSPs). N-able Technologies was acquired by SolarWinds®, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, in May 2013. N-able’s award-winning N-central® is the industry’s #1 RMM and MSP Service Automation Platform. N-able has a proven track record of helping MSPs standardize and automate the setup and delivery of IT services in order to achieve true scalability. N-central is backed by the most comprehensive business enablement support services available today and the industry’s only freemium licensing model. Thousands of MSPs use N-able solutions to deliver scalable, flexible, profitable managed services to over 88,000 SMBs worldwide. With offices in North America, the U.K., the Netherlands and Australia, N-able is 100% channel-friendly and maintains strategic alliances with a number of leading global IT companies, including Microsoft, Intel, and Cisco among others.