Some things just work better together. Peanut butter and chocolate. Laurel and Hardy. Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire. Baseball and hot dogs. Apple pie and Chevrolet®. And now, SolarWinds® RMM and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR).
Today, we’re pleased to announce that SolarWinds RMM is now integrated with SolarWinds EDR, and we definitely think you’ll find that combining the two into a single, unified dashboard will benefit you in exciting new ways.
Following the release of N-central® with integrated EDR earlier this year, SolarWinds MSP has now completed the first step in a security and ecosystem journey with our partners. Both remote monitoring and management solutions now offer advanced threat protection, which has increasingly become a value-added solution that can enable you to serve and protect your customers better and scale your business.
Figure 1: RMM with Integrated EDR
Prevent, Detect, Respond
If you’re not familiar with EDR, it helps you prevent, detect, and respond to ever-changing threats—and recover quickly when ransomware or other exploits strike. Remediation and rollback (Windows OS only) help reverse the effects of an attack and restore endpoints to their pre-attack healthy state to minimize customer downtime. And all of this is available from a unified dashboard, so you can manage your devices smarter with either RMM or N-central. Full monitoring and management of your endpoint security from day one—from a single, easy to use dashboard—is a game-changer.
According to some projections, it’s believed that one business will fall victim to a ransomware attack every 11 seconds by 2021. That’s why the addition of the EDR feature in RMM is significant—many MSPs serving small-to-medium businesses face new cyberattacks both aimed at them as well as their customers. Not only can ransomware and other malware harm a business, it can have far-reaching implications for MSPs as well. The loss of a customer isn’t the only thing at risk; MSPs can be held liable for losses as well. Now, more than ever, threat protection that covers a wide spectrum is necessary.
Managing multiple integrations doesn’t have to be hard. All your tools, including backup, antivirus, EDR, patch management, and others are accessible from a single console. You’ll get a focused view of the entirety of your customers’ devices, via an at-a-glance status that allows for easy triaging of incidents and threats on all their endpoints. Let’s look at some of the features of EDR that make it a worthwhile addition to your security stack. You can use EDR in RMM and its automation features to:
- Deploy and update the latest EDR agent versions for Windows OS devices using native RMM functionality
- Quickly configure EDR policies, exclusions, and other settings
- Leverage PSA workflows to manage EDR alerts, including notification of device infections
- View the at-a-glance dashboard widgets for detailed or summary status on devices
- Reduce alerts and help mitigate threats without leaving the page via the Threat Center with enhanced status bar
- Automate platform service checks
Threat Data When you Need it
With so many threats emerging daily, MSPs can be short on time, but still need current threat data on a moment’s notice. As a result, both the N-central and RMM EDR dashboards offer you a convenient “Widget View” to give you the most important information needed to assess the current health of all your endpoints (Figure 2).
Figure 2: RMM EDR dashboard
These widgets include:
- Unresolved threats: investigate highest priority threats
- Infected endpoints: view endpoints needing inspection
- S1 agents requiring attention: uncover agents that need rebooting or other action
- S1 agent network status: see availability of agents
- S1 agent version coverage: observe agent version metrics in-network
- Threat detection by engine: assess threat types
There is much more for you to discover with integrated EDR. Whether you’re an RMM or N-central user, you’re sure to find a lot to like and a wealth of features to help you protect customers and grow your business.
Michael Tschirret, Sr. Product Marketing Manager, EDR