Cloud-first backup for physical and virtual servers
N-able™ Backup helps protect physical and virtual servers (VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V) with backups managed from the same console alongside workstation, document, or Microsoft 365 backups. Storage in our global private cloud is included in the price. Additionally, our server backup solution provides several recovery options designed to quickly and conveniently recover both servers and applications.
You can also save valuable administrative time with N-able because backups for physical and virtual servers are managed from the same dashboard as workstation and Microsoft 365 backups. This gives you at-a-glance visibility to the protection status of device types across your customers. Color-coded charts show backups successfully completed, completed with errors, or failed. Simply click on the color segment to drill down and quickly troubleshoot any issues.
- Efficient backup: The unique architecture tracks changes from within the disk, making it more efficient than traditional image-based backup. This results in smaller incremental backup files, allowing you to back up more frequently and retain data longer using the same amount of storage and network bandwidth.
- Optimized resource usage: Following your initial backup, our server backup software is powered by proprietary TrueDelta technology that tracks and backs up only changed bytes (rather than full files), facilitating faster backup processes so you don’t need to schedule them during off-hours.
- Rapid recovery: N-able server backup uses the faster recovery source—from either your LocalSpeedVault or the cloud. File- and folder-level recovery can be done without restoring an entire server.
- Physical-to-virtual recovery: If your physical hardware is unavailable, you can recover the server as a virtual machine to your own VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V environments, including to a Hyper-V instance in Azure.
- Bare-metal restore: Use our cloud server backup software to run regular backups of boot volumes, system states, applications, and system data, helping you prepare for almost any disaster.
- Cloud storage built for security: Our global data centers meet or exceed ISO compliance, and our backup solutions use AES 256-bit encryption to protect your backup data in transit and at rest.
- Availability: Our data centers use a minimum of n+1 redundancy on critical systems for power, environment, and internet access.
- Virtualization support: Cloud-based server backup natively supports both VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V platforms.
- Comprehensive platform support: With support for Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, VMware vSphere, and Microsoft Hyper-V, N-able Backup is engineered to cover an entire network. We also archive application data from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Exchange, and SharePoint.